1. It’s weird but I really lose my motivation to write once the road cycling season ends. That said apologies for missing the last 2 weeks of posts.
2. Last week, I was away in Vermont for a few days, Montpellier. I also made it to Chicago for the marathon. No, I didn’t run.
3. Vermont became state number 28 (+DC) I have ridden a bike in. Here are some pics:
4. This week we pay homage to cyclocross. Considered 60 minutes of hell, it’s a lot different than road cycling.
5. Like cyclocross, here isn’t a lot of recovery on this ride. The idea is to find a pace which you find challenging and appropriate for the given duration.
6. The playlist is a three song circuit: A time-trial, an Interval and a sprint. The goal is to pedal efficiently and aggressively for each segment of the circuit.
7. Between each circuit, I threw in some Ornette Coleman, master of free jazz. I really dig his unorthodoxy. I recently was told I should get certified in XYZ company because I wrote an article saying you should not pedal over 120 rpms. Huh? I ain’t knocking folks who want to pedal fast. It’s just not my thing. It’s ok to be different… right? Peep Coleman here.